The pen is a fine writing instrument, and they make amazing corporate gifts for hardworking employees.
While your preference may differ depending on function and hand grip, some standout pens make for trusty companions, allowing you to write with precision and accuracy (like Robin Hood or Katniss Everdeen with their trusty bow and quivers!)
While top-of-the-line pens like the Cross Townsend Rollerball Pen can catch quite the pretty penny, did you know you can write phenomenally with some pens for under $30 as well?
Let’s stroll down the list and go in-depth with these best pens at a friendly budget.
Deluxe Deluxe Woodmark Rosewood Pen and Pencil Set
Product Features:Comes with a 0.9 mm pencil and a twist action black-ink ballpoint type pen
- Carved rosewood finish gold trim and meticulous scrolling
- Personalized and customizable engraving can be black or gold
- Bundled with a Dayspring Pens protection sleeve
A two-in-one package for less than $35, there's no greater bargain you can find than this marvelous duo. The pen itself is comfortable, durable, and reliable, which makes it a great writing companion for daily use.
Cross Click Chrome Ballpoint Pens
Product Features:Click-action ballpoint tool with black ink
- Lustrous chrome exterior
- Comes in a Cross packaged box
- Personalized engravings with tone-on-tone color
- Cross gives it a Lifetime Warranty
The Cross Ballpoint uses a click assembly rather than the much-adored swivel-type pens. Great for people who habitually click pens. Affordable and unique, gift this Cross pen to your caffeine-loving friends!
Cross Calais Ballpoint Pens
Product Features:Twist action ballpoint pen with black writing ink
- Gorgeous Lustrous Chrome sheen
- Packaged in a Cross gift box
- Personalization coloring comes in light brass
- Cross Lifetime Mechanical Warranty
The stunning luxurious shine from the Lustrous Chrome makes it hard to believe that this costs just under $35. But, trust us, this versatile, smooth pen hits the mark dead center, making it a worthy contender for the uni-ball for daily use.
Monroe 18-Karat Gold Plated Pen
Click-action pen with black ink and a 0.7 mm pencil
- 18kt gold-plated finish on the ballpoint
- Comes in a customized Dayspring Pens gift box
- Subtle personalized message lightly engraved on the sheen
Who says gold finish pens go for only over $100? This fine point pen blows your expectations out of the water. Aside from its gold finish, the Monroe comes with great grubber grips and a medium barrel, which creates a comfortable writing experience.
Alexandria Fountain Pens
Product Features:Black ink pen with a stainless steel medium-sized nib
- Two blank ink cartridges and an ink converter
- Comes in a custom-made Dayspring Pens gift box
- Personalized message engravings match the body exterior
The Alexandria Fountain Pen comes with an adaptive nib that personalizes your writing right as your pen glides across the paper. This sapphire blue writing tool also comes with an ergonomic grip, making for a seamless writing experience the whole way through.
Product Features:Medium point pen that writes black
- Chrome finish and blue lacquer appointments with twist-action ballpoint mechanism
- Ships in a Dayspring Pens gift box
- Custom engraving appears light brass
Say hello to this handsome pen. The classic finish of the Abingdon makes it a charming pen to carry along inside leather suitcases and bags. Aside from unmatched quality and affordability, this beauty also has a smooth and easy flow and a nice light weight. An excellent pen for the white-collared professional.
Parker Jotter Gel Ink Pen
- Click-action gel ink pen
- Stainless steel body accented with iconic gold Parker appointments
- Ships in a Parker gift box with black gel ink
- Tone-on-tone colored monogramming
- Two-year Parker mechanical warranty
- Great set for men, women, corporate gifts, birthdays, and graduation
Richmond Rollerball Pens
Product Features:Rolling ball pen comes with own cap and black ink
- Matte black lacquer finish that engraves silver
- Comes packed in a Dayspring Pens gift box
- Available as a ballpoint, rollerball, or mechanical pencil sets
The Richmond offers smooth, comfortable, and a proper writing experience. The pen distributes ink on the page at just the right touch, thanks to its liquid-based ink flow. With an ergonomic grip and a medium barrel, this pen is well-endowed with a fantastic tool kit for left and right-handed people.
Cross Coventry Ballpoint Type Pen
Product Features:Medium twist-action ballpoint with black ink
- Polished chrome appointments on a black lacquer finish
- Packaged in a two-piece Cross gift box
- Silver engraving available on pen cap
- Cross Lifetime Mechanical Warranty
A modern and distinguished pen, the Cross Conventry’s best attributes lie in its reliability and quality. This graces the writer with the enamoring ooze of luxury as they glide their pen across paper. This model writes fantastically and will surely meet your needs.
What Are the Pen Types That Go for Under $35?
While many luxurious pens price themselves at a much higher rate, a $35 budget range is more than enough to snag yourself a fantastic pen.
These pens may be a bit cheaper than many others in the market, but they don’t skimp on the quality at all (and are perfect for corporate gifting).
Here are some pen types to give your employee, boss, or loved ones:
|Ballpoint Pens||Works on any smooth surface; a versatile, day pen|
|Fountain Pen||Functional, luxurious; used for signing documents and cheques|
|Rollerball Pen||Contains a ballpoint mechanism with liquid-based ink|
|Gel Pen||Resembles the Rollerball but uses gel ink instead of liquid|
|Felt Tip Pen||The pen nib is made from porous fibers; these are your markers, highlighters, and Micron Pens|
|Stylus||Used on a digital screen; like a smartphone, tablet, or laptop screen|
Now here the question lies: are they all customizable?
You’re in luck. With Dayspring Pens, you receive custom-engraved pens all within a day (except for the Deep Cut Color-Filled Engraving Style).
So whatever price point you buy your pens, the message you engrave is absolutely priceless!
How Does Engraving Pens Work?
It’s a simple heating process. With metal and heat equipment, you incise through a material surface to imprint your message. Don’t worry; this is all safely handled by us.
Once done, you get the final engraving, adding a touch of personality to your pens.
The engraving process isn’t strictly limited to pens. You can personalize most gift items as well, from wooden clocks to wooden picture frames. Perfect for showing your appreciation and gratitude towards your coworkers!
Elevate your pen to the next level at Dayspring Pens today.
Be sure to let us know which is your favorite affordable, professional pen in the comments!
Sam Di Nardo is the Lead Blogger at Dayspring Pens where she has become an expert in all things ballpoint, rollerball, and fountain pen. Her current fountain pen favorite is the Franklin Cristoph Model 20 Marietta. She lives in Virginia with her husband and their growing family. Learn more about Sam's Bio.